Monday, December 2, 2013

Tammy Labuda Photography Facebook Fan Photography Contest {Dallas, TX Photography Contest}{Highland, IN Photography Contest}{Allen, TX Photography Mentoring and Instruction}

A couple years ago I entered a photography contest for one of the local non-profit community magazines.  While I didn't win, my image was later chosen for the cover of their holiday issue.  

Take a look:



I must admit, back then I had to work up a little courage to submit my work.  But, doing so forced me to challenge myself to produce something I was proud of presenting to a publisher.  

I know several of my Facebook fans are photography buffs themselves, so I thought it would be great fun to see what sort of talent is represented among them.  Why not use my fan page as a place where they can showcase their work from time to time?  Why not have my own photography contest?

Well, that's exactly what I decided to do!

I'm beyond thrilled to introduce my first ever TLP Fans Photography Contest.  The winning image (determined by TLP fan voting) will receive a photography mentoring session with me.  While it's not quite a magazine cover, a one-on-one mentoring session with me will help them take their photography skills to the next level.

Here are the Details:

1. Send in ONE of your best pictures to enter into the photography contest along with a short note on how you became interested in photography.  Please email this to me at labuda@tx.rr.com.  Include "TLP Fans Photography Contest" in the subject line.  I will then post these pictures (after I watermark them for you with your name) to a special contest album on my Facebook fan page where you can direct your friends and family to vote for you.

2.  All those entering the contest must first “LIKE” my fan page at Tammy Labuda Photography on Facebook (IN ADDITION TO LIKING THE IMAGE).

3. Instruct your friends, family, co-workers, loved-ones, etc. to VOTE for their favorite picture (yours) by LIKING and leaving a COMMENT under your picture in the TLP Fans Photography Contest album.

4. The winner will be announced on Friday, December 6th based on the total number of votes (comments) for each entered image.  Votes are counted by the number of “comments/likes” on each individual image/entry.  A person must be a fan of my Facebook fan page to comment.  


*****Rules!
1. Entries must be submitted by 11;59 p.m. on Monday, December 2, 2013.  I will post all entries at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, December 3rd.   The voting will begin immediately and end at 11:59 on Thursday, December 5th.  (All times are Central Time Zone.)
2. Click “LIKE” at the top of the fan page as well as by the picture.
3. Leave a COMMENT under your favorite photo entry to vote!
3. One entry/vote/comment per person.
4. Per Facebook regulations, you must be 18 to vote.
4. For obvious reasons, photos taken by professional photographers will not be accepted.
5. All images posted to Tammy Labuda Photography's fan page will be watermarked to protect against facebook's new privacy policies.


THE PRIZE:
The winner will receive a complimentary one-on-one photography mentoring session.  The session will take place at one location of your choice (within 20 miles of Allen, TX or Highland, IN - unless other arrangements are agreed upon).  Indiana winners will have their mentoring session scheduled sometime during the summer of 2014.  Those living outside these areas are welcome to enter, but they must be willing to travel to zip code 75013 at their own expense.  A signed model release from each participant will also be required prior to the session.

Let the FUN begin!! 

Share and ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!