Thursday, October 22, 2009

California: Part Two

On our first day in California, my friend Stephanie and I decided to head out to Santa Monica Pier. Our mutual friend from Moody Bible Institute and his two little girls met us at the airport and joined us for the day. The weather was perfect!

Here's Stephanie, Kevin, Madison, Taylor and I at the Santa Monica Pier.


I had also arranged to meet up with a couple other friends throughout the day as well. First, I met up with my cousin Maurice, his wife Stephanie and their two children for a very quick family portrait session. After that I met up with my friend Wendy who used to go to church with us here in Texas.

Wendy and her family moved back to California about 6 years ago. We had great fun getting some pictures for her upcoming website. But my favorite part of the day was our conversations together. Some people just get you. Wendy gets me. We caught up on life, did a little shopping, and had a wonderful meal together. All-in-all, it was the best day I've had in a long time! Thanks for making the long drive up from San Diego, Wen.


What's up with my hair, you ask? Do I ALWAYS wear my hair in a pony tail? Seems that way, doesn't it? I tried, really I did. That morning I woke up at 4:00 a.m. to leave the house by 5:00 a.m. to catch my flight into LAX. I had every intention of curling my hair only to discover at the last minute that I had failed to turn the curling iron on. So much for looking my best.

Besides, after finishing up Maurice and Stephanie's family pics just moments before, I discovered once again that pony tails are in deed a photographer's best friend on a windy day at the beach. Don't worry. I may not have worn my hair down that day, but I did "let my hair down" (as the saying goes) and had a great time.

I'll be posting pictures from Maurice's family's and Wendy's sessions later on, but for today I wanted to post pictures of Kevin's family. He and his wife Sarah were so gracious to host Stephanie and I for the weekend. Kevin, we enjoyed getting to know all the special ladies in your life. And the hot-tub wasn't bad either. It was so great to see you again! I think Stephanie would agree that the weekend went by way too fast.

My plan was to take Kevin's family pictures on Monday night, but Disney Land went a little longer than expected for them and Stephanie, so that didn't happen this time around. Fortunately, I had taken some pictures of the girls on Sunday afternoon. What dolls!

Kevin and Sarah's oldest little girl Madison is three years old. Seriously, she has to be one of the sweetest little girls I've met - ever. She's just precious - a true angel. In the mornings, Stephanie and I would take turns getting her dressed. After putting on the dress you see below, she jumped off my lap and ran into her bedroom. With all smiles, she came prancing back to me with her Cinderella headband on. Sarah says she's very into her headbands these days.

Isn't she adorable? Gotta love her Sleeping Beauty sand cake too.




Her little sister Taylor is no different. Though she was sick all weekend, she was generally a very happy little girl. At 17 months, she is full of energy, joy, and hugs. Man, I miss my hugs from Madison and Taylor!




After this last shot, I knew it was time to move on. Poor Taylor just needed a good nap. Fortunately for me, there was one more member of the family left to photograph. I absolutely could not leave him out. After all, he's just as much a part of the family as Taylor and Madison are. He's also just as sweet, just as lovable, and just as adorable.

Everyone, meet Score.




Score, I'm so sorry my allergies kept me from loving on you more. I really wish I could have pet you all day long. You are one awesome dog!

Now all I'm missing is a great picture of Sarah and Kevin and one of the whole family. I hope I'll have the chance to visit again, so we can get that taken care of.

Kevin and Sarah, thanks again for letting us crash at your place and for putting up with our crazy food restrictions. We had a wonderful time. Please, come visit my family in Texas. You are welcome any time!

Stephanie, thanks for being the best traveling buddy ever. I miss you already.

2 comments:

  1. I love your new portrait on the side of the screen! It captures your sweet, energetic personality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, so much, Alyssa! That's very sweet of you to say.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!