Sunday, November 13, 2011

Giggles Galore: Alden's 5th Birthday Party

Our daughter Alden just turned 5 years old, and I really wanted to throw her a big (yet affordable) party to celebrate this special milestone in a memorable way.

Since I was in the middle of my busy portrait season with limited time available to plan a party, I enlisted the help of Mariah Leeson of Giggles Galore. With less than two weeks until the party, I knew I could count on Mariah to help me plan the perfect party for Alden and her friends.

I've been a fan of her blog for quite some time, so I was excited to finally have her help with a party of my own.

Alden and I decided on an owl-themed party and invited all of the girls who've been in class with her over the past couple years at preschool - as well as a few of our special family friends. Mariah transformed the local heritage park into a delightfully colorful party destination.

Everything turned out so adorable! Check out this fabulous Treat Table Mariah put together. I LOVE it!


The best part about working with Mariah is that she did most of the work! I bought and decorated the owl cupcakes, made the popcorn/candy mix for the party favors, ordered the invitations and cupcake toppers, and dropped off a few supplies. That's about it.

Mariah made all the magic happen!

She transformed the water bottles into works of art, decorated the treat table, prepared all the food, and (with the help of her handy-man husband) created a fun "silly faces" photo "set" for me to take pictures of Alden and her friends.


I especially loved the oreo cake ball "egg nest" and the Birthday banner made out of old book pages. So cute!

In gathering ideas for the party, I spent a lot of time shopping the various shops on Etsy. You have to check out this site!

Melissa with Detailish Designs created the adorable vintage owl invitations and waterbottle lables you see below. She was wonderful to work with and even created several custom signs just for Alden's party.

Elsa from The Sweet B's hand-painted the pink owl pillow for Alden - which was the perfect compliment to our party decorations. She shipped it out the very next day to make sure we had it in time for Alden's party.


Mariah delivered a party we will always remember!

If you'd like to see more images from Alden's party, be sure to stop by Mariah's blog. Alden's party (and my work) was featured there yesterday! While you are there, check out all Mariah's other creative party themes and craft projects. So many fun ideas!

What I love best about Mariah (besides the fact that she knows how to have fun) is that she has a keen sense for a bargain and she knows how to stick to a budget. The ideas on her blog prove you don't have to spend a lot of money to throw a great party - or to decorate. You just need a little imagination. And a Cricut wouldn't hurt...

We could all use a little more affordable fun and creativity in our lives. Don't you think?

Thank you so much, Mariah for all your hard work on Alden's party! Your special touches made Alden's 5th Birthday celebration such a dream-come-true for her (and me)!

Vendor Credits:
Party Planner - Mariah Leeson of Giggles Galore
Invitations and Printables - Detailish Designs
Pink Owl Pillow with Legs - The Sweet B's
Cup Cakes - Whole Foods

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!