Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Our Entry-Way Wall Display {Allen, TX Photographer}

I've had these gorgeous gallery wrapped canvases stored away in my bedroom for over a year now - just waiting for my husband and I to agree on a wall color for our front entry.

Oddly enough, decisions like this are VERY hard for us.


It only took us about $200 worth of various (ahem...close to 20) paint color samples to find our true match. But I'm happy to announce that we've finally settled on the perfect paint color!

Sherwin Williams Wordly Grey.

And that's not all, we even purchased a new hall table! It's the perfect compliment to our canvas wall display - which is now HUNG UP ON OUR WALL!

I LOVE it so much I just HAD to share..


As you can see our two-story walls are massive! Even these three 20x30 gallery wrapped canvases seem small. I could easily have gone much larger.

Can you imagine how ridiculous this wall display would look if I had chosen to print and frame these images as 8x10s?

Yet, that is what so many people do.

That's what I used to do.

Now, as I see my beautiful children each time I pass by this display, I am filled with joy. I am reminded of how blessed I am to be their mom - to have them in my life. Their smiling faces are such an improvement over the painting of Texas Bluebonnets that used to hang in their place.

If you haven't yet invested in wall portraits for your home, now is the perfect time! Give me a call, I'd love to help you plan something perfect for your own walls.

I'll be sure to post some detail shots of the canvas display in the days to come. Who knows. I may even give you a little sneak peak into the other changes we've made around the house as well.

Maybe.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Lovely Lovely! I might need to book a session for you and my boys when you are up at the lake. So much for your sabbatical ! Really Really Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very sweet to say that, Wendy. I'd love to take pictures of your boys while I'm out. How fun would that be! I'm sure we can schedule some time for me to hang out with them for awhile and capture them in all their crazy, boy, mischief. From what I see on your blog, though, you do quite a good job of capturing that yourself.
      Tammy

      Delete
    2. BTW, I'm officially off my sabbatical. Just approaching business much differently these days. Still shooting though.
      Tammy

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!