Friday, November 13, 2009

Alden's First School Playdate

Alden's dreams finally came true. She had a play date with her very best Mother's Day Out buddy Ava today. In fact, it was her very first play date with a school friend.

The day flew by. The girls were having so much fun playing in the play set outside, playing dress up inside, writing on the patio with sidewalk chalk, and eating yummy sprinkle cookies. (I even caught them eating sand pies once or twice. Ew....) They played so well together. What a joy to watch my little girl learning how to be a friend.


Ava's mommy, Allison, just had a baby boy not too long ago. What a handsome little man baby Conor is. It was all I could do to leave my camera in the office all day. But, four hours of cuteness was too much to bear and I eventually caved. Literally 10 minutes before it was time to run out the door to pick up my son from school, I grabbed my camera and started shooting. How could I not? It would have been a shame not to document Alden's special day anyway, right?

Here's the adorable, oh so sweet, Conor.



I STILL can't get over my new camera. Can you believe all three of these images were shot wide open at f/2.8 at ISO 1000? That's crazy sharpness! Also, I am super loyal to the mother of all lenses - the 70-200 mm f/2.8 IS - these days. I kid you not. Most of my favorite images lately have been shot using that lens. It's my first choice lens these days for sure. The sharpness, depth of field, and clarity are out of this world. If you have not checked that baby out yet, you need to do so pronto!

Allison, thank you for indulging my photography addiction. Alden and I were so thrilled to have had you, Ava, and Conor over today. Come again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!