Friday, August 6, 2010

Uncle Hans and Aunt Judy's Family Reunion {Indiana Family Photography}

My Aunt Judy and Uncle Hans hired me recently to take some family pictures for them. All three of their boys (and their families) just happened to be in town during the same time Steve and I had planned our trip up from Texas. Duane and Cindy and their two boys, and Brett and Lori and their two girls live near their parents, but Dwight and Dawn and their three kids (a daughter and twin sons) live in North Carolina. Needless to say, family get togethers like this are few and far between.

It was an honor to document this particular family reunion but even more exciting to see cousins I haven't seen since Stephen Jr. was a baby. I can hardly believe our boys are six years old now.


It was HOT, HOT, HOT (especially for Indiana), so we took care of business as fast as we could. No playing around on this session. We grabbed the shots Aunt Judy and Uncle Hans wanted and we were done.

Afterward we all went over to Unlce Hans and Aunt Judy's house and enjoyed a lovely meal and catching up. My only wish was that I had been feeling better. I wasn't myself that night. About a week earlier I came down with this crazy virus. A low-grade fever had left me couch bound for a couple days. I literally could not lift my head off my pillow for a good 48 hours. Even though this session was a good week and a half later, my energy levels were still completely depleted. Hopefully next time I'll be my usual spirited self.

Thanks again for entrusting me with these special family memories, Aunt Judy and Uncle Hans. The pictures you chose will look great in that beautiful new house of yours.



Now for the best part. As long as I can remember, Uncle Hans and Aunt Judy's family have been major Chicago Blackhawk fans. In fact, Duane and Cindy have been season ticket holders for well over twenty years now. If I remember correctly, the one time announcer for the Hawks even had some sort of special role (singing was it?) in their wedding. So, you can just about imagine how excited they were when the Hawks finally won the Stanley cup this year. What better way to celebrate than with a very special family picture in their Blackhawk gear.

Gotta love that flag. Great touch, Duane!


On a personal note, I do have to say I was a little bummed that I didn't get to photograph all those beautiful little faces one by one though. And to let you in on a little secret, I even had this big vision in my mind of photographing Duane's family on his Harley! Now, wouldn't that have been fun! With the heat, though, I completely understood - and was even a bit relieved the session ended when it did.

Thanks for a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!