Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Brianna and Meghan {NW Indiana Photographer}

My children and I recently spent two weeks in Indiana visiting my family while my husband stayed home to finish up a work project. We missed having Steve along, but the three of us had a wonderful vacation!

And...Steve completed his project! "So Long!" 100+ hour work-weeks!

It goes without saying that the best part of a visit home is reconnecting with family and friends. This summer's visit was a little different than most. With a wedding to photograph, files to prep, a trip to Michigan, and a few other family commitments, I didn't get to see quite as many of my girl-friends as I would have liked.

But, I did get to see my dear friend Jennifer and her two sweet little girls!

Jennifer and I went to elementary and high school together and both relocated to other states shortly after graduation. I moved to Texas after graduating from Moody Bible Institute. Jennifer moved to Washington D.C. after obtaining her CPA and Law degrees.

Though we do our best to keep in touch, the last time we saw each other was close to five years ago. So, when I unexpectedly heard from her just days before we left for Indiana, I was pretty excited to learn that both our trips to Indiana this summer would overlap.

Jennifer met my son Stephen when he was about two years old, but she hadn't met Alden yet. And I hadn't met either of Jennifer's little girls either.

A play-date was definitely in order!

Our children were quick to warm up to one another and played nicely together. Jennifer and I enjoyed catching up while they played. It was such a wonderful day!

You know you've found yourself a life-long friend when you can pick up right where you left off - as if no time at all has passed since your last visit together. Jennifer will always be one of these friends!

An avid follower of my blog, Jennifer had her heart set on some birthday photos for her youngest daughter Meghan who had just turned two. She arranged ahead of time for me to take a few pictures.

I was going to save Jennifer's little sneak peak until after I had finished up some work on my recent weddings. But, given yesterday's earthquake in Washington D.C., I thought she could use a little pick-me-up today! Anyone who survives a two hour train ride traveling at 15 mph after a full day of work deserves a little treat!

Here's yours, Jennifer!

Meet Jennifer's youngest daughter Meghan.



It was Meghan's first time away from Daddy, so this little pink bear of hers got lots of extra attention during the trip to Indiana. I think it's great that children can learn to comfort themselves with a little imaginative love from their special buddies!


Those of you who follow my blog, may recognize this bird house? Let's see if anyone can guess where I took these pictures.

Leave your guess in the comments section of the blog.

Jennifer told me the sweetest story. In the car on the way to McDonald's to meet us for lunch, her oldest daughter Brianna asked her, "Mommy, do you think they will like me?"

How could we not! She's as sweet and as beautiful as they come.


It was nap time for Meghan, so we didn't push the session too long. Jennifer and I were hoping for at least one good sibling shot.

I think we got it!


Thanks for fitting us into your schedule, Jennifer! We are so thankful that you and your family are safe! Thank you as well for trusting me to document this special milestone in Meghan's life.

I can't wait until our next visit. Hopefully, it will be sooner than 5 years from now.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, what a great suprise to come home to!!!!! Thank you! I love the photos. It was so great to see you and the kids. I do hope it's not five years again too! I wish all my Indiana friends lived closer! :)

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous photos Tammy! Thanks for helping to bring out the best in our girls in these gorgeous shots! It's great that you and Jennifer had the opportunity to catch up after so long as well.

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, Tammy! Jen & Sean...your kids are adorable! The picture of them together is priceless! :)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!