Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Visit to Aunt Janis's Ranch {Cibolo, TX Photography}

My husband's Aunt Janis lives on a ranch in Cibolo, Texas.  I've been wanting to visit for a long, long time ever since I heard she has lots of animals living with her on the ranch.  Now that our kids are older, it was the perfect time to visit.  Both Stephen and Alden love reading about animals, and since our only pet is a Leopard Gecko, we decided a visit to the ranch would be right up their alley.  We were also missing Aunt Janis and were looking forward to a visit with her as well.

Alden especially loves animals.  We wouldn't be one bit surprised if she follows in her Great Aunt Janis's footsteps and becomes a veterinarian herself one day.

Aunt Janis has about 35 wild horses, several peacocks, countless cats, quite a few chickens and show birds, a few dogs (including a rescued English Bull Dog named Bacon) - and I'm sure I'm missing something.  If ever there was a person dedicated to loving and caring for animals, it is Aunt Janis.

Thanks for letting us stop by on such short notice, Aunt Janis, and for showing us around.  You may think I was joking when I told you we'd be shipping Stephen and Alden down there some day to spend a summer working the ranch with you.

Don't be so sure...

Here's a little sneak peak into our kid's latest animal adventure.  I know it's hard to believe, but I almost forgot to take pictures that day. Thankfully, right before the sun went down, I remembered.

So glad I did!



Smile for the camera, little horsy!



Sure, no problem!


Now, it's Stephen's turn!  He learned this technique from watching his mommy!


Having a Blast!




I saw this old truck (immediately coveted it) and just had to photograph my children in front of it.  I love anything vintage and aging - so full of character.  This just happens to be my favorite color as well.  If only I lived closer...This ranch just might become my new favorite photography spot.


Alright, you two.  Smile for your mommy!  She needs a good Christmas card picture!


Hmm...not quite.  Stephen, let's try that again.

Or not...



If only he knew how happy he makes his sister.

Perhaps he does...

Stinker!


Okay.  This will have to do.  I'm DONE!


Alden has always wanted a cat.  One of these days we may just let Aunt Janis convince us to let Alden take one home with her.  Personally, I'd rather have the peacock.

Just kidding.  They're mean!



We can't wait for our next visit to the ranch.  It was great to spend time with Aunt Janis and finally meet all her special friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!