Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Big Bend Beauty: Yucca Blossoms {Texas Macro Photography}{National State Park Photography}

While my main passion is portrait photography, I thoroughly enjoy creating beautiful images of the great outdoors with my 100 mm macro lens.  The 100 mm is a great portrait lens to be sure, but I especially love it for creating macro images of flowers, plants and other elements found in God's beautiful creation.

I spent 7 of the first 9 years of my life living in New Mexico with my family before moving to the Midwest the summer before third grade.  Once in Illinois, one of my school projects involved researching a state in the United States.  I chose to study New Mexico.  It is then that I learned that the yucca plant is their state flower.  Ever since then, whenever I see a yucca plant, I am reminded of my early childhood home.

Though I've been a Texas transplant going on 20 years now, when I saw these yucca plants on our recent drive through Big Bend, my heart was all aflutter.  I just knew I had to get out the macro lens and see what I could create.  The yucca may not be my favorite of all flowers, but this particular desert plant will always hold a special place in my heart.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!