Thursday, March 23, 2017

Big Bend Bluebonnets {Macro Photography}{Travel Photography}{Texas Wildflower Photography}

Our family traveled to Big Bend National Park a few weeks ago for Spring Break.  Though it was "Spring" break, somehow it totally slipped my mind that it was time to keep my eye out for bluebonnets.  We were thrilled to see them - and even more thrilled to discover a new variety!

The bluebonnets in South Texas are a different species than the shorter variety we see up in Allen.  Planted along the roadside winding their way through the expansive national park, these wildflowers grow taller and prouder than they do up north - perhaps in an effort to keep up with the mountainous scenery they inhabit.

Being the photographer that I am, I asked my husband to pull over so I could create a few images.  Risking the roadside traffic to capture their beauty definitely paid off!

I highly recommend a spring time visit to Big Bend National Park.  Not only are the trails cooler this time of year, but you'll enjoy the long scenic drive into and out of the park each day that much more!








 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!