Sunday, October 4, 2009

North Dallas Radiation Oncology Center {Dallas Commercial Photographer}

I've had an interesting week to say the least. I had the privilege of creating images for the North Dallas Radiation and Oncology Center's new website. My friend Anjula referred me to her friend Kristin who was hired to develop the website for NDROC. Faced with having to care for her sick children at home, Kristin hired me last minute to take over the photography end of the project. It was a great experience. Thanks for thinking of me, ladies!

While this was obviously a departure from family and children portraiture, it was a great opportunity full of incredible learning experiences. My professor, Terry Wier, once told me, "Never pass up an opportunity to grow!" I'm so glad I took that advice. During this project I drew on the experience of both Terry and Jim Olvera as I faced unchartered territory. Their combined experience of over 40 years in the industry proved invaluable. I appreciate these two mentors of mine so much!

I've posted two images from this project below. Once the NDROC website is up and running, I'll be sure to post a link for those of you who are interested in seeing the rest of my work on this job.



The next few weeks promise to be no less exciting. This coming weekend I'm jetting off to California with my old college room mate. We're both photography enthusiasts, so I'm very excited to have the opportunity to shoot alongside her for a couple of days.

New places always inspire me, so I hope to return with some fresh and funky material. My plan is to relax, get inspired, and laugh more than I have in the past year all together. I'm counting on returning full of inspiration and new found creativity for the upcoming sessions scheduled this fall. Also on the agenda: Visiting with old friends and a few of my relatives. I'm one lucky girl to have a husband who encourages me to get out once in a while with the girls. Thanks so much, Steve!

Speaking of my wonderful husband, we'll be celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary on the 14th. I'm an incredibly blessed woman to have found such a terrific guy! I love you, Steve! Just a few short days later, our daughter Alden will celebrate her 3rd birthday. What a great month! I love this picture below of the two of them together taken in Corpus Christi last Christmas. This is them to a tee.


Later this month I'm looking forward to meeting a few new families, catching up with a couple past clients, and photographing my very first bride. Lucky for me, the bride chose the McKinney Cotton Mill for her session. I couldn't be more thrilled or excited! There are so many creative ideas floating around in my head for her bridal session. I can't wait! It's a session that promises to be a sneak peak you won't want to miss.

Enjoy the cooler weather, everyone! Get out there and make YOUR month just as exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!