Saturday, October 30, 2010

Nikki's Fam {Allen, TX Children's Photographer}

My cousin Nikki and her three children came to Allen to visit with us last week during their Fall Brek. We had a great time together. Neither she nor I have family living nearby, so it does our hearts good to see each other from time to time. They live in Oklahoma which actually makes them our closest geographical relatives.

I think the fact that we have an IKEA in town has just "a little" something to do with their visit as well. Nikki and her family returned to the states last year from a four year stint in Sweeden, so IKEA has a special place in their hearts.

It's such a joy to hear her talking Sweedish to her children. It was such a great experience for all of them. I'm especially impressed with the great manners they have. Children in Sweeden never leave the dinner table without walking over to the host and personally thanking them for the lovely meal. It's so refreshing!

On Thursday we enjoyed a trip to the Dallas Zoo (which I'll blog about after I return from my trip to New Jersey). Later that evening we reserved some time for some pictures. It was the first time I've had to break out the Speedlite in quite some time. My son had baseball practice at 5:30, so we couldn't start our session until well after 6:00 p.m. It was a quick session, but I think we got a few keepers.

We love you Nikki, Josh, Annika, and Ellie (and Tim too)! Loved your outfits - especially that dashing brown tux of yours, Josh!

Next time we're coming up your way! Promise.

Josh

Annika


Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!