Thursday, June 7, 2012

High School Graduate: Caitlin {The Hockaday School, Dallas, TX}{Dallas, TX Photographer}

Congratulations to Caitlin, recent graduate of The Hockaday School in Dallas, Texas!

Hockaday is one of the best all-girls private schools in Dallas.  The other (that I know of) is Ursuline.  My neighbor's daughters both graduated from Ursuline, so I had heard a little about the wonderful graduation ceremony traditions of these two schools.

Both schools have embraced a very classy, traditional ceremony.  The graduating girls at each school wear long white dresses and beautiful hats.  Ursuline graduates choose their dress and carry long stem red roses.  Hockaday girls all wear identical dresses and adorn their hats with beautiful floral arrangements.  The girls from both schools really treasure the experience!

As Caitlin carried her hat box around the Arboretum, I could tell how excited and proud she was.  By the time we arrived at our chosen location, even I was excited to see what was inside that box!

I wasn't disappointed.  The flowers were gorgeous.  Caitlin looked stunning!

Caitlin's session was scheduled at the Dallas Arboretum and took place right before her graduation ceremony.  Her family and grandparents joined her for pictures.  Caitlin did a great job coordinating everyone's outfits and chose the perfect complimentary color for her mother and grandmother to wear.  I wonder if she knew blue is directly opposite orange on the color wheel - making it the perfect choice!

Now, I have to be honest.  When I first bumped into Caitlin and her mom in the parking lot, I was really taken aback.  The last time I saw this family (other than Christmas cards) was about eight years ago when Jeremy was a student in my class at Providence.  Our son Stephen wasn't even born yet.  Now, he is as old as Jeremy was back then.

It hardly seems possible!

The shock of how grown up Caitlin and Jeremy have both become took my breath away.  I knew that eight years had gone by, but to be face-to-face with the changes was quite something.   They have both grown into such incredibly lovely young people!  I am so proud of them!

Mom and Dad, of course, haven't changed a bit!

It seems like just yesterday I was listening to Caitlin and Jeremy playing their musical instruments at our school's Grandparent's Day program.  How is that Caitlin can be moving on to college already?

Again...It hardly seems possible! 

Man, do I sound like an old-lady pinching the cheeks of a small child, or what?

Needless to say, it was such an honor to be a part of documenting this special event for this precious family!  I'm so grateful.

And what a beautiful family it is!








Aw...I love their grandparents.  Can I adopt them?


One of these days I will share some very special pictures from this session that I know you will all love.  They are so, so very touching...I feel they deserve a post of their own.

Thank you for hiring me to create these portraits for you, Christine!  I look forward to your annual updates in Christmas cards to come.

Caitlin, I pray you enjoy your days at Rice.  I expect only greatness from you - and from Jeremy!

God Bless and Much Love!

Tammy (aka Mrs. Labuda)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!